Hardy Boys Detective Agency Forum

Go Back   Hardy Boys Detective Agency Forum > AUTHOR AREA > Part Written Stories Requiring a Home

Part Written Stories Requiring a Home Have you a plot going around you head that need writing up but you don't have the time, inclination or means to do it? Why not leave it here for a writer to play with.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:01 AM
Princess of the HDA, Keeper of the Gates of Grammar and Beta Supremo

JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?
Default Re: Sole survivor

*Laughs* No, they aren't. I can barely draw a stick figure. I was required to take art in college. That and speech and swimming were my three most hated classes. Well, that and student teaching.

Miss Piggy: Why are you telling me all this?

Lady Holiday: It's plot exposition. It has to go somewhere.

from The Great Muppet Caper
Old 02-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Keeper of the Ankh of Smiting, Rock Princess and Cooler than Cool

zenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond repute

Awwww. Well, the basic idea -- do something that you enjoy, just go and do something different to stretch your brain -- that helps jolt the creativity.

"I think we're making the biggest mistake of our young, soon-to-be-terminated lives." -- Joe Hardy, "Wipe Out"
Old 02-25-2013, 07:07 PM
Global Police Commissioner

Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?

I'm with JD on the drawing thing, I can't draw a stick man either. I can do a bit of graphic art though and I enjoy that.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:22 PM
City Police Lieutenant Detective

Paulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud of

Ok, so I dug up this thread after reading some posts on Zen's current thread for NANOMO (sorry, I don't remember the correct acronym).

So after a few different comments about Zen's upcoming Soul Survivor story, I decided to youtube the episode.

@JD - yes, the cotton balls were hilarious.

I was also surprised at the guy smoking a pipe in Joe's Hong Kong hospital room. I mean, I know it was the 70s but to be sure there wasn't smoking in hospitals even back then.

I also forgot how creepy I found the theme music to be.

And as a side note, I think it's cool that Zen didn't give up on the story but is in fact doing her 'rewrite' now several years after this original post.

Anyway, just thought I'd post those thoughts.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:05 PM

zenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond repute

Paulina, believe me, I've never given up. It's just...well...writing IS a lot of work (even without the health BS I've been fighting with). It's work to get a full story down, then edit & rewrite & polish & correct mistakes. I know a lot of folks go "It's just fanfic, so what?"; I've gotten that criticism over on The Other Site way too much. But a story's a story & part of my creativity & love of writing, and deserves the best I can give it, no matter if it's fanfic or my original work.

I've got a lot of stories planned (12 at current count, three of those "planned" have been written/posted already), and my series has a very definite "end"-point/tale. Other tales also have and will jump in that have been totally unplanned (the two christmas "kid" tales).

I started writing Voodoo Doll in November 2011 (that year's NaNoWriMo) -- so that's five book-length HB tales finished in roughly four years, with Arson now near-finished (six tales), AND working on my original stories -- the first of which was published last year. So...um...6 books, four years. That's a LOT.

Besides, I never, ever, dropped my plan to do Sole Survivor. I just wanted to get the other stories written first and get all the background carved out and the world built and fleshed out before I let the Brothers Hardy totally destroy an NYC mental hospital. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

"I think we're making the biggest mistake of our young, soon-to-be-terminated lives." -- Joe Hardy, "Wipe Out"

Last edited by zenfrodo; 11-10-2015 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:50 PM
City Police Lieutenant Detective

Paulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud of

Oh, I know that it takes a lot to write. I just admire the fact that you really stick with it. (Sorry to hear about your health issues.) I find that a number of fanfic authors have 'real life' intrude in their plans to publish/write and that is understandable. Once again. Hats off to you.

I'm afraid I may have named "The Other Site" also known as "The Site that Should Not be Named" in another post... or perhaps not. But whatever the case, I find that you can't make everybody happy. I post stories on another site but there are usually one or two typos that slip my notice or some strange usage of a participle. (Don't get me started on the grammar Nazi who got after me for that.) So you can get complaints either way.

Hmmmm, I think I'm beginning to ramble. It's a failing of mine. Anyway, looking forward to your Soul Survivor!
Old 11-10-2015, 11:10 PM

I don't think anyone cares what The Site That Shall Not Be Named gets called. I just call it that as my own personal Harry Potter in-joke. And after some of the tales I've seen over there, it's way too easy to believe that Voldemort's behind it.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:13 PM
Website Manager, Queen of the Road and Chief Frankette

rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?

LOL! ::snickers::

---Rokia -- the website mistress

May the Lord Bless you and Keep You