Hardy Boys Detective Agency Forum

Go Back   Hardy Boys Detective Agency Forum > GENERALLY SPEAKING > Polling Plaza

Polling Plaza Polls for anything can be put here (remember the guidelines!)

Old 04-10-2016, 10:12 PM
State Police Lieutenant

Katie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fan Fiction

AO3 and FFN for me, mostly. Harry Potter, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures, Spooks Code 9, Alex Rider, Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew, CHERUB...

Yeah, I think I need to get a life!
Old 09-06-2016, 12:13 AM
Global Police Lieutenant

BM has a reputation beyond reputeBM has a reputation beyond reputeBM has a reputation beyond reputeBM has a reputation beyond reputeBM has a reputation beyond reputeBM has a reputation beyond reputeBM has a reputation beyond reputeBM has a reputation beyond reputeBM has a reputation beyond reputeBM has a reputation beyond reputeBM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokia View Post
I learned that of all the stories on ff.net only about 10% are actually readable... the rest are utter drek.
I consider 10% to be quite generous, especially in some fandoms

The same goes for AO3, though I still look there simply because that seems to be the archive of choice these days. AO3, though, seems to be heavy on the smut and slash and gratuitous torture stories (none of which I read), at least in some fandoms, and the writers there often don't define the typical fan fiction descriptors in the manner I am used to, so I've run into several stories there, thinking they were gen, only to find out that they contained content that most definitely WASN'T gen! Or at least, gen according to the definition I was used to!

I do like the little visual cues on that site, though, for content, when the authors use them. I can scan the latest stories by watching the cues and looking for the ones that fit the type of stories that I read, without having to read the description and trying to guess what's in the story!

I still check AO3 and FF.net every day for Hobbit stories, though its very, very rare that I actually open one and even more rare that I actually read it even if I do open it. Few of the new generation of writers write the kind of stories I like to read these days, especially in the newer fandoms, so I'm lucky to find something that I enjoy--and I'm usually very forgiving when it comes to writing ability!

These days, my main two fandoms are Magnificent Seven and the Hobbit.

I also still check Stories of Arda, though only rarely do I see a story I'm interested in there, and I still check Blackraptor for Magnificent Seven fanfiction. Sadly, the Mag Seven fandom has grown very quiet of late, and even worse, many of the old sites are gone. Thankfully, I saved all the fics of my favorite authors to my hard drive (and have it backed up at least twice), so I can still re-read my favorite stories! Some of the best writers, such as NotTasha, have been slowly uploading their old stuff to AO3, but unless I can find them on the wayback machine, many of the older stories are gone.

I went through a New World Zorro kick back in the winter after watching the tv series on DVD, but there aren't a whole lot of stories there. I still occasionally get in the mood for Bonanza and once in a very great while, Big Valley, and here recently, I had a sudden, strong urge to hunt up Hardy Boys fan fiction

Most of my time for the last 6 years was tied up in LOTRO and the characters I had created there. I've got a very diverse character set and have been trying for years to create my own world and a story for these toons, many of which have become as alive to me as most of my favorite characters from other fandoms, but I haven't had much luck in that department. Just like I haven't had any luck in actually completely a fan fiction story in years, either, in any fandom. *sigh*
“..But there is another which is founded deeper. Estel we call it, that is trust. It is not defeated by the ways of the world, for it does not come from experience, but from our nature and first being. If we are indeed...the Children of the One, then He will not suffer Himself to be deprived of His own, not by any Enemy, not even by ourselves. This is the last foundation of Estel, which we keep even when we contemplate the End”-Finrod to Andreth-Histories of Middle Earth Volume 10 Morgoth's Ring
Old 09-11-2016, 09:37 AM
Moderator - Princess & Keeper of Reference Information

Skyhappysal has a reputation beyond reputeSkyhappysal has a reputation beyond reputeSkyhappysal has a reputation beyond reputeSkyhappysal has a reputation beyond reputeSkyhappysal has a reputation beyond reputeSkyhappysal has a reputation beyond reputeSkyhappysal has a reputation beyond reputeSkyhappysal has a reputation beyond reputeSkyhappysal has a reputation beyond reputeSkyhappysal has a reputation beyond reputeSkyhappysal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokia View Post
I have lately been addicted to NCIS fanfiction... and NCIS in general... and I PROTEST MICHAEL WEATHERLY LEAVING! ::sobs::
Going to give Bull a try?
Old 09-11-2016, 11:51 AM
Global Police Commissioner

Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?

I'm sure I'm in the minority...but I don't like him. I find him irritating. And I don't find him attractive enough to me to get away with it.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:07 PM
Website Manager, Queen of the Road and Chief Frankette

rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?

Thou shalt not malign the Weatherly Dawn-ie-Dawn-Dawn! .

I dunno why, I just like him. Yes, Tony could be seriously irritating but, I can't help what I like! Nope I can't!

And yes, Sal, I have already set my DVR! HAHAHAHAHA

---Rokia -- the website mistress

May the Lord Bless you and Keep You
Old 09-11-2016, 11:42 PM
Princess of the HDA, Keeper of the Gates of Grammar and Beta Supremo

JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?

*Whispers* I don't watch ANY of it! I don't read ANY of it. I don't even know who these NCIS people are!

Miss Piggy: Why are you telling me all this?

Lady Holiday: It's plot exposition. It has to go somewhere.

from The Great Muppet Caper
Old 09-12-2016, 03:39 AM

Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?

My dad seriously fancies Libby. Every time I visit, he's watching her. He's a proper NCIS fan.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:28 PM

rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?

Libby? Which one is Libby? ::frowns:: Are you talking about Ellie? There is no Libby on NCIS .

Old 09-12-2016, 05:13 PM
City Police Lieutenant Detective

Paulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud of

Personally I was a JAG fan.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:39 PM
Princess of Keys, Mischief and the Southern Hemisphere

AussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the Court

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
My dad seriously fancies Libby. Every time I visit, he's watching her. He's a proper NCIS fan.
do you mean Abby? the lovable mad scientist!

Quote:
Objection, your Honor. You can't preface your second point with "first of all." - Alan Shore, Boston Legal
Old 09-12-2016, 07:40 PM

Oh yes, could be Abby!!!

Old 09-13-2016, 03:42 AM

Yes, Abby. My dad loves her.
Old 09-13-2016, 11:09 AM

Abby is pretty cool

Old 09-13-2016, 01:25 PM

I think she's probably the only character I warmed to.
Old 09-13-2016, 11:14 PM

I just like 'em all! (however, I have a soft spot in my heart for Tony!)

Old 09-14-2016, 08:32 AM

I quite like NCIS Los Angeles though. I like the relationship between Kensi and Marty. And it's hilarious that she's married to his brother in real life. Can you imagine the conversations they must have about snogging both brothers? Best of both worlds for her. LOL
Old 09-14-2016, 10:45 AM

I like LA too