Hardy Boys Detective Agency Forum

Go Back   Hardy Boys Detective Agency Forum > THE HARDY BOYS AREA > Nancy Drew

Nancy Drew This is the place to discuss all things Nancy Drew

Old 11-19-2016, 05:50 PM
State Police Lieutenant

Katie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nancy Drew Series Bible & Outlines

https://www.scribd.com/document/3173...s-Series-Bible

Saw this posted on another forum that I'm on, but I didn't see it posted here.

Enjoy!
Old 11-21-2016, 09:26 PM
City Police Sergeant

Sparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nancy Drew Series Bible & Outlines

I love this! Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-22-2016, 12:35 PM
Keeper of the Ankh of Smiting, Rock Princess and Cooler than Cool

zenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond repute

Well, what I could see of that bible confirms why I never liked Nancy Drew. First...she's 5'7"...yet only weighs 115 pounds??? I'm 5'4", and 125 was my normal weight when I was a teen. Anything below 120, and I looked scrawny. And Nancy's 3 inches taller??

No wonder she was constantly getting in trouble. That lack of decent nutrition and constant hunger pangs can really mess with your brain. And they wonder why eating disorders are such a problem with teens.

Anyone else read this and want to kill the character dead dead DEAD? I mean, always in designer clothes, speaks lots of languages fluently, drives sports cars -- I know there's always been some wish fulfillment involved with the ND and HB series, but I get the feeling that Simon & Schuster just relied on a lot of tv show stereotypes instead of actually talking to girls that age.

(reading on an ipad, it only lets me see the first couple pages, then insists I get the app & sign up a paid scribd account to read the rest)

"I think we're making the biggest mistake of our young, soon-to-be-terminated lives." -- Joe Hardy, "Wipe Out"
Old 11-22-2016, 12:43 PM
Princess of the HDA, Keeper of the Gates of Grammar and Beta Supremo

JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?

That does seem rather 'model-size' doesn't it?

Miss Piggy: Why are you telling me all this?

Lady Holiday: It's plot exposition. It has to go somewhere.

from The Great Muppet Caper
Old 11-22-2016, 02:29 PM
Keeper of the Ankh of Smiting, Rock Princess and Cooler than Cool

zenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond reputezenfrodo has a reputation beyond repute

A heroin-junkie model size.

"I think we're making the biggest mistake of our young, soon-to-be-terminated lives." -- Joe Hardy, "Wipe Out"
Old 01-05-2017, 11:29 PM
City Police Investigator

Scott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond repute

Turns out Audrey Hepburn was 5' 7" and weighed 110 pounds, according to the internet. She was awfully thin.

Old 01-06-2017, 12:17 PM
Website Manager, Queen of the Road and Chief Frankette

rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?

I always sort of wondered if Audrey Hepburn actually ate .

---Rokia -- the website mistress

May the Lord Bless you and Keep You
Old 01-06-2017, 09:41 PM
Princess of the HDA, Keeper of the Gates of Grammar and Beta Supremo

JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?

There was a reason for it:

Quote:
Although Audrey Hepburn has always been held up as a model of thinness, her son reveals that the root of her thin physique was her extreme malnourishment during the war.

“The reason for her slenderness was because from the time she was 9 to 16, during World War II, she was extremely malnourished,” says her youngest son Luca Dotti who’s written a new memoir about his mom, Audrey at Home.”The time she most needed nourishment, she didn’t have enough food.”

“When the Nazis locked down Holland in 1944, they called it the Winter of Hunger and my mom didn’t have enough to eat,” he says. “Almost to the point of her body failing.”

At the end of the war, Hepburn, who stood 5’6″, weighed just 88 lbs. The actress later described those years: “We ate nettles and everyone tried to boil grass – in addition to tulips – but I really couldn’t stand it.”

One of the few things they could eat during the war years was endive. “For a long time that’s all there was,” writes Luca. “She used to say, ‘Thank God there was at least that,’ but then she would imitate Scarlett O’Hara in Gone with the Wind, saying, ‘I swore to myself that I would never eat it again in my life, not ever.’ ”

Miss Piggy: Why are you telling me all this?

Lady Holiday: It's plot exposition. It has to go somewhere.

from The Great Muppet Caper
Old 01-07-2017, 02:20 PM
City Police Investigator

Scott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond repute

Strange thing is that Bruce Lee was also 5' 7" and weighed 125 pounds, although he ballooned to 135 at some point. Makes his one finger push-ups a little less impressive. Audrey Hepburn was almost a physical match for him.