Hardy Boys Detective Agency Forum

Go Back   Hardy Boys Detective Agency Forum > CONTEST HEADQUARTERS > Contest Announcements/Winners

Contest Announcements/Winners This is were all the contents will be announced, along with instructions & deadlines. These is then followed by an announcement of those lucky winners!

Old 01-09-2017, 04:13 PM
Website Manager, Queen of the Road and Chief Frankette

rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?
Default Holiday 2016 CONTEST WINNERS!

Here's the breakdown of the Holiday 2016 contest!

First Place - Path to Gratitude - by.... the Sisterhood! (aka... Alaina and Cheryl)
Second Place - Heart and Soul - by... PaulinaAnn!
Third Place - Musical Chairs - by... Sleuth!

Though I won't post the exact votes each story got, I WILL say this was very close - there were only 6 pts difference between 1st and 3rd place . I say all the stories were awesome... Good job folks!

--Rokia

---Rokia -- the website mistress

May the Lord Bless you and Keep You
Old 01-09-2017, 04:41 PM
City Police Lieutenant Detective

Paulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud of
Default Re: Holiday 2016 CONTEST WINNERS!

So much fun!! The Sisterhood back in action! Agh! So much angst! And a story from Sleuth!! The laughs just kept coming with that one ! And me? Who knew I could write such a Frank focused story??!! (But really, Joe was the heart and soul of the story ) The hardest part? Writing reviews to my own story! LOL

Congratulations to everyone! Proud to have been part of the contest.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:07 PM
City Detective Lieutenant

Cheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to follow

HaHa Paulina. I know-- I had no idea what to write about the story that I wrote with Alaina- LOL!

You wrote a wonderful story -- it was a pleasure to have read! And congrats to Sleuth as well-- another terrific effort.

The best part of the contest for me was being able to reconnect with my friend and start writing again. And now that the voices are talking to us... watch out!
Old 01-09-2017, 05:11 PM

Paulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud ofPaulina Ann has much to be proud of

Quote:
The best part of the contest for me was being able to reconnect with my friend and start writing again. And now that the voices are talking to us... watch out!
Whoo Hooo!
Old 01-09-2017, 11:40 PM

rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?

I agree! Woo hoo again!

Old 01-10-2017, 02:14 AM
Princess of Keys, Mischief and the Southern Hemisphere

AussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the Court

Well done ladies!

I will get to my reviewing of them sometime when i have more than 5 minutes to spare. I did already read and voted just haven't reviewed but ALL did a wonderful job!

Quote:
Objection, your Honor. You can't preface your second point with "first of all." - Alan Shore, Boston Legal
Old 01-12-2017, 09:56 PM
Princess of the HDA Message Board, Joe's Main Flame

Alaina What, Who, Me?Alaina What, Who, Me?Alaina What, Who, Me?Alaina What, Who, Me?Alaina What, Who, Me?Alaina What, Who, Me?Alaina What, Who, Me?Alaina What, Who, Me?Alaina What, Who, Me?Alaina What, Who, Me?Alaina What, Who, Me?

Writing with Cheryl again was awesome. When that woman gets an idea in her head, there's no stopping her!

Paulina and Sleuth - I loved both of your stories!

Sam: Bon Jovi?
Dean: Bon Jovi can rock... on occasion.

-No Rest For The Wicked
Old 01-13-2017, 11:48 AM

I loved all 3 stories - and it was nearly impossible for me to actually vote on them!

Old 01-16-2017, 07:13 AM
Cadet

Sleuth is just really niceSleuth is just really niceSleuth is just really niceSleuth is just really nice

It was great fun, though my complete amateur status was totally obvious alongside the other stories which I loved ��

Thank you Rokia for putting up with my endless stream of questions, and maybe one day I'll finish the story I started to write which was meant to be my entry and which I got stuck at chapter 5 on with only 9 days left to submit. It's funny what crazy two chapter stories will fall out of your head with only 8 days left to write, 27 school reports to finish and 3 weeks to Christmas! Total kudos to anyone who has ever written a story - man, it's hard!

Eagerly looking forward to Paulina's next story, and any future one's from the Sisterhood ��, but if I can also just throw it out there (you know, as a fellow author ahem) that any time you want to bring Rashman back in a new story Alaina, I can definitely find some time to read it
Old 01-16-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
It was great fun, though my complete amateur status was totally obvious alongside the other stories which I loved ��

Eagerly looking forward to Paulina's next story, and any future one's from the Sisterhood ��, but if I can also just throw it out there (you know, as a fellow author ahem) that any time you want to bring Rashman back in a new story Alaina, I can definitely find some time to read it
I thought your story was very well written! Couldn't tell it was your first!

As for me, sorry in progress!

And. Yes, a new Rashman story is always welcome!

Now, back to work on chapter six of that story, Sleuth!!
Old 01-16-2017, 10:41 AM

Your story was very well written Sleuth - never fear... (and I would've let you know if the quality didn't fit the HDA anyway... but it did, so I didn't have to say anything.)

Old 01-16-2017, 01:58 PM
City Detective Lieutenant

Cheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to follow

Sleuth, you did a great job! Paulina, I cannot wait for your next story. And, of course, I adore writing with Alaina and I am always excited to see what she comes up with in our stories. However, I love to read her independent stories too. Rashman scares me! LOL. One of the best (and by that I mean worst!) criminals ever. I want to see Joe and Van get married. Now that we are in the writing groove, maybe those muses will speak to you too for your series. Love it!
Old 01-16-2017, 09:59 PM
State Police Lieutenant

Katie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond reputeKatie has a reputation beyond repute

Well done everyone.