Hardy Boys Detective Agency Forum

Go Back   Hardy Boys Detective Agency Forum > FAN FICTION PRESENTATION AREA > Story Recommendations

Story Recommendations Have an HDA story you love? Recommend it here and tell us why.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:39 PM
Princess of Keys, Mischief and the Southern Hemisphere

AussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the Court
Default Dawns Stories

Hiya all if you're looking for action and good stories I suggest Dawns series! Start with Pandora and it only gets better with Boosting and then Flashpoint!

Good series with added Nancy, Con and Fenton! also a bonus is new characters she has like the new officer

So start reading and enjoy like I have

Quote:
Objection, your Honor. You can't preface your second point with "first of all." - Alan Shore, Boston Legal
Old 07-26-2013, 11:46 AM
Website Manager, Queen of the Road and Chief Frankette

rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?
Default Re: Dawns Stories

Amen sister! Great recommendation there

---Rokia -- the website mistress

May the Lord Bless you and Keep You
Old 07-26-2013, 12:09 PM
City Assistant to Chief of Police

LondonGirl has a brilliant futureLondonGirl has a brilliant futureLondonGirl has a brilliant futureLondonGirl has a brilliant futureLondonGirl has a brilliant futureLondonGirl has a brilliant futureLondonGirl has a brilliant futureLondonGirl has a brilliant futureLondonGirl has a brilliant futureLondonGirl has a brilliant futureLondonGirl has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to LondonGirl

Oddly enough, I finished re-reading Pandora the other day, so I secondthat recommendation! I have decided to launch myself into s re-read of Boosting for the weekend
I also love Ring of Destiny!
“Reading is everything. Reading makes me feel like I've accomplished something, learned something, become a better person. Reading makes me smarter. Reading gives me something to talk about later on. (...) Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real. Reading is grist. Reading is bliss.”
~ Nora Ephron
Old 07-26-2013, 12:30 PM

rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?rokia What, Who, Me?

Ring of Destiny is my first ever Dawn story love... just adore that story in all ways...

Old 07-26-2013, 05:35 PM

LondonGirl has a brilliant futureLondonGirl has a brilliant futureLondonGirl has a brilliant futureLondonGirl has a brilliant futureLondonGirl has a brilliant futureLondonGirl has a brilliant futureLondonGirl has a brilliant futureLondonGirl has a brilliant futureLondonGirl has a brilliant futureLondonGirl has a brilliant futureLondonGirl has a brilliant future

Well, I'm possibly biased as it takes place here in England, near where I originally come from! LOL
“Reading is everything. Reading makes me feel like I've accomplished something, learned something, become a better person. Reading makes me smarter. Reading gives me something to talk about later on. (...) Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real. Reading is grist. Reading is bliss.”
~ Nora Ephron
Old 07-26-2013, 09:34 PM
Princess of Keys, Mischief and the Southern Hemisphere

AussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the CourtAussieHBfan is a Prince or Princess of the Court

I do love Ring of Destiny and stranger and stranger! her OCs are wonderful. I mean who doesn't love Kiwi Dave?

Quote:
Objection, your Honor. You can't preface your second point with "first of all." - Alan Shore, Boston Legal
Old 07-26-2013, 10:19 PM
Princess of the HDA, Keeper of the Gates of Grammar and Beta Supremo

JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieHBfan View Post
I do love Ring of Destiny and stranger and stranger! her OCs are wonderful. I mean who doesn't love Kiwi Dave?
Kiwi Dave is a real person, ya know! I've seen a photo of him at her first wedding. That's why he's so much fun to write about [speaking from experience with Time Frame].

Miss Piggy: Why are you telling me all this?

Lady Holiday: It's plot exposition. It has to go somewhere.

from The Great Muppet Caper
Old 07-27-2013, 01:33 AM

Wink Re: Dawns Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Kiwi Dave is a real person, ya know! I've seen a photo of him at her first wedding. That's why he's so much fun to write about [speaking from experience with Time Frame].
Wow! He's based on a real person? That is so cool! I recommend people check out Time Frame which Dawn also co-wrote with JD under their pen names Minty and Evergreen, which is one of my HDA faves, as JD knows (cuz I told her so last week when we were still working on the Beta of my new story The Hardy Affair (shameless plug!) LOL
~ Nora Ephron
Old 07-27-2013, 11:01 AM

I told Dawn once that the next time she sees Kiwi Dave I want her to clone him and send me a copy

Old 07-27-2013, 02:25 PM

Wink Re: Dawns Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokia View Post
I told Dawn once that the next time she sees Kiwi Dave I want her to clone him and send me a copy
LOL Excellent! He's such a great character! I finished re-reading Boosting and have moved on to her other story... Flashpoint which is also excellent!
~ Nora Ephron
Old 07-27-2013, 08:12 PM
Federal Director of Investigations

fvhardy is a Prince or Princess of the Courtfvhardy is a Prince or Princess of the Courtfvhardy is a Prince or Princess of the Courtfvhardy is a Prince or Princess of the Courtfvhardy is a Prince or Princess of the Courtfvhardy is a Prince or Princess of the Courtfvhardy is a Prince or Princess of the Courtfvhardy is a Prince or Princess of the Courtfvhardy is a Prince or Princess of the Courtfvhardy is a Prince or Princess of the Courtfvhardy is a Prince or Princess of the Court

Gosh yes, anyone who hasn't read Dawn's stuff should definitely give them a whack. Pandora is one of my all time favourite HB fanfictions - some seriously stupendous scenes.

Young Justice, Schooled.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:24 PM
State Police Investigator

Location: Feeling the aster, getting whelmed, staying traught B-)
Rae-Prite Is a sterling example to followRae-Prite Is a sterling example to followRae-Prite Is a sterling example to followRae-Prite Is a sterling example to followRae-Prite Is a sterling example to followRae-Prite Is a sterling example to followRae-Prite Is a sterling example to followRae-Prite Is a sterling example to followRae-Prite Is a sterling example to followRae-Prite Is a sterling example to followRae-Prite Is a sterling example to follow

Quote:
Me too, please! Dawn's stories were some of the first ones I read when I discovered the site and they really hooked me! Now I'm stuck with all of you She really has a knack for making characters - whether OC or cannon - just leap off the page... er, screen
"Everything, in the end, comes down to timing. One second, one minute, one hour, could make all the difference. So much hanging on just these things, tiny increments that together build a life. Like words build a story, and what had Ted said? One word could change the world." - This Lullaby, Sarah Dessen
Old 07-29-2013, 10:34 AM
City Police Detective Captain

hlahabibty has a brilliant futurehlahabibty has a brilliant futurehlahabibty has a brilliant futurehlahabibty has a brilliant futurehlahabibty has a brilliant futurehlahabibty has a brilliant futurehlahabibty has a brilliant futurehlahabibty has a brilliant futurehlahabibty has a brilliant futurehlahabibty has a brilliant futurehlahabibty has a brilliant future

Second everything that everyone said. I love all her stories.
" When you leave you must remember to come back for the others. A circle, understand? You will always be Esperanza. You will always be Mango Street. You can't erase what you know. You can't forget who you are." Sandra Cisneros, The House on Mango Street.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:58 AM

JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?JD What, Who, Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae-Prite View Post
Me too, please! Dawn's stories were some of the first ones I read when I discovered the site and they really hooked me! Now I'm stuck with all of you She really has a knack for making characters - whether OC or cannon - just leap off the page... er, screen
Gee, Rae, sorry we don't measure up to Dawn's writing, but we do our best.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:08 PM
State Police Investigator

Location: Feeling the aster, getting whelmed, staying traught B-)
Rae-Prite Is a sterling example to followRae-Prite Is a sterling example to followRae-Prite Is a sterling example to followRae-Prite Is a sterling example to followRae-Prite Is a sterling example to followRae-Prite Is a sterling example to followRae-Prite Is a sterling example to followRae-Prite Is a sterling example to followRae-Prite Is a sterling example to followRae-Prite Is a sterling example to followRae-Prite Is a sterling example to follow

Quote:
Gee, Rae, sorry we don't measure up to Dawn's writing, but we do our best.
You know that's not how I meant it, JD! I love all you guys and you're all great writers - much better than me
"Everything, in the end, comes down to timing. One second, one minute, one hour, could make all the difference. So much hanging on just these things, tiny increments that together build a life. Like words build a story, and what had Ted said? One word could change the world." - This Lullaby, Sarah Dessen
Old 08-08-2013, 02:10 PM
City Detective Lieutenant

Cheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to follow

Had to chime in here. Dawn is an amazing author. Her stories are wonderful- a bit spicy, too! Need I say Andrea and Con?! I just wanted to give her kudos for her talents. She is also a genuine, funny, intelligent and thoughtful person, and if there's a chance to highlight her stories again, I say- go for it!

PS- JD is a darned fine writer herself. Highly recommend her stories with Rokia and others!
Old 08-08-2013, 02:14 PM

Lightbulb Re: Dawns Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl View Post
Had to chime in here. Dawn is an amazing author. Her stories are wonderful- a bit spicy, too! Need I say Andrea and Con?! I just wanted to give her kudos for her talents. She is also a genuine, funny, intelligent and thoughtful person, and if there's a chance to highlight her stories again, I say- go for it!

PS- JD is a darned fine writer herself. Highly recommend her stories with Rokia and others!
I second that Cheryl! Check out Time Frame which Dawn wrote under her minty nom-de-plume... JD as Evergreen has co-authored my favourite series which starts with September Song... I highly recommend these!
~ Nora Ephron
Old 08-08-2013, 04:16 PM

Cheryl definitely already knows about JD's stories lol - she also used to be a moderator at the HDA (in fact, she and Alaina were the first two mods asked to join the staff after we started the website).

Old 08-08-2013, 04:24 PM

And we wish Cheryl had more time to come back and participate fully...AND write some more stories for us! *hint, hint*

Old 08-08-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Cheryl definitely already knows about JD's stories lol - she also used to be a moderator at the HDA (in fact, she and Alaina were the first two mods asked to join the staff after we started the website).
Yes, I'm actually recommending the stories to other newcomers, who, like myself, still have plenty to read in the HDA library!
~ Nora Ephron
Old 08-08-2013, 04:28 PM

Post Re: Dawns Stories

Quote:
And we wish Cheryl had more time to come back and participate fully...AND write some more stories for us! *hint, hint*
And, I second that as I've read all of Cheryl's stuff too...
~ Nora Ephron
Old 08-08-2013, 10:49 PM

Yes, Cheryl... HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT!!!!!

Btw...

HINT!

Old 08-09-2013, 08:19 AM
City Detective Lieutenant

Cheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to followCheryl Is a sterling example to follow

LOL.

You all are cute. I wish I had more time not only to post here more often, but also to write. I miss it terribly! It was always fun trying to develop a real mystery story with a sound subplot as well. I have a very vague idea for a new story, but who knows if it'll ever jump from my head to the computer?!

In any case, you know that I miss you all. I cannot praise the moderators here enough for all of their time, dedication, and insistence on both quality and completion of stories! Rokia, Dawn, JD, and Lola (who will always be remembered) are all exemplary and extraordinarily talented people. I'll try to be visible more often to join!
Old 08-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Global Police Commissioner

Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?

Thanks everyone. Had no idea you'd all been saying such amazing things about my writing. I'm so humbled.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Thanks everyone. Had no idea you'd all been saying such amazing things about my writing. I'm so humbled.
Dawn! You're here! We missed you soooooo much! Good to hear from you!
~ Nora Ephron
Old 08-10-2013, 07:15 AM
Global Police Commissioner

Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?Dawn What, Who, Me?

I just went over there for bit, lurking in the shrubbery.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
I just went over there for bit, lurking in the shrubbery.
Secretly spying on us? LOL
Next time I spot you lurking, I'm dragging you out into the open!
Hah ha hah ha hah ha!
~ Nora Ephron
Old 08-10-2013, 01:22 PM
Moderator - Princess & Keeper of Renaissance knowledge

Robina What, Who, Me?Robina What, Who, Me?Robina What, Who, Me?Robina What, Who, Me?Robina What, Who, Me?Robina What, Who, Me?Robina What, Who, Me?Robina What, Who, Me?Robina What, Who, Me?Robina What, Who, Me?Robina What, Who, Me?

Dawn's stories are fabulous and I will always be grateful to Pandora and Boosting for providing me with an "escape" at a time I desperately needed one.